Friday, March 1, 2013

Photoshop: Facebook Cover Photo


8.RST.3 - Follow precisely a multistep procedure when carrying out experiments, taking measurements, or performing technical tasks.

8.RST.7 - Integrate quantitative or technical information expressed in words in a text with a version of that information expressed visually (e.g., in a flowchart, diagram, model, graph, or table)

 
 
Today we will be creating a cover photo for a Facebook page:
  • Width: 851 Pixels (NOT Inches)
  • Height: 315 (NOT Inches)
  • Resolution: 100 PPI (Pixels Per Inch)
Here is the cover photo I created for my Facebook:




 Notice, however, that you have to keep your profile picture in mind when designing your picture:




1. Decide on a background color or image.  To use a solid color select the Paint Bucket and chose a color from the color spectrum and CLICK on white canvas to change color.




2. To use an image as a background OPEN the image in Paint.Net.  

2. Re-size the image to 851 Width 315 Height.  Be sure to make sure the box Maintain aspect ration is unchecked.




3.  Open up 5 - 6 images you would like to have inserted into your Facebook Header.




1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right. Way to go! What fun…I am really tempted to leave my stressful shuttling-everyday job and just sit at home. I need to earn some money, so I think I might become a freelancer. Talking about freelancing, I came across some amazing e-marketplaces on the web planet - Professional Logo Design, Sell Mobile Application, and so on. Now, I think it is time to make a change. Thank you for making me realize what I have to do.

    ReplyDelete